We have exciting news ladies! The sign up date for our virtual program presented by Brandy Maslowski "Studio Magnificent" has been extended to May 18. Brandy's Zoom presentation is still scheduled for May 25 and we are offering 3 times for your viewing pleasure, 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 7:00 PM. Remember, these presentations are completely free to our valued members! Even if your creative space is organized to your satisfaction, there still may be an idea here to inspire you. Please join us!
Mickey and I hope you are all staying well (and somewhat sane!) during this trying time! Quilting is such a great thing for sanity, isn't it? As well as doing other crafty and garden-y things.
So, do you remember way, way back (when the world was different) in January – yep that’s this past January – 3 very long months ago... we issued a non-competitive challenge to stir your creative juices? “The Creative (non-competitive) No-Nine Patch Ugly Fabric Challenge”?? Remember?
Dear PQHQG members,
I hope this finds all of you well and safe. Despite not having our in person meetings, there is quite a bit to share with you.
Sadly the first news is to tell you that one of our members died recently, Linda Kummer of Parksville. A card has been sent on behalf of the guild expressing our condolences to her family and friends.
An important note from Parksville Quilt House Quilters Guild re: vote "The theme of the challenge is *Gateway to Adventure*".
Hello fellow members, Sara Medd here as your CQA/ACC rep:
Hi Guild Members;
A quick update - the production of our March newsletter “Quilt Talk” is delayed due to circumstances beyond our control - we ask for your patience.
At our upcoming Guild meetings - March 16 - 1:00pm and 7:00pm the following are being featured:
- Program - Joyce McLellan has a presentation and demonstration about Gelly Quilting
- Vendor - Cindy Scraba with Cindy’s Threadworks
- The “Between" - Acorn Precision Pressing Techniques with Brenda Haddow
Betty Kozak, President
Dear guild members;
The guild has been approached by the Arrowsmith Agricultural Society to participate in a Family Day event they are sponsoring. They have invited us to showcase quilting/sewing in the area set aside for young people and as well as anyone interested in the arts.
Please read on for an update for the upcoming December 9th PQHQ Guild meetings:
- Patti Dance from Port Alberni is our featured program. Patti is a gifted Contemporary Art Quilter and a member of our guild. Many of her quilts have been accepted into juried shows including CQA, where she has won awards.
- Carola's Thread Company is our vendor.
- Our Christmas meetings are potlucks - Finger foods are requested for the evening potluck!