Welcome to the Parksville Quilt House Quilter's Guild Members Only area. Pages found under the Members tab are only accessible by current Guild members who have logged in to the site with their personal user name and password that is obtained by applying for a new account on this site. In addition, some features of the Quilter's Forum are only available to those who have logged in.
Creating a New User Account
Please note: accounts will only be given to current members of the Guild.
Click on the Create new account link under User login in the left column of THE MEMBERS ONLY PAGE.
Complete your account information on the User account page.
- Choose any user name that you wish, but remember that this is what is shown to other Guild members if you post in the Quilters' Forum or send internal messages from the web site.
- Enter the e-mail address that you wish to use when you receive e-mail from the Guild.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail notices from the Guild, remove the check in the GUILD NEWSLETTER box.
- Complete the CAPTCHA. This is a security feature to prevent malicious use of the site.
- Click the Create new account button. You will be taken to the home page and see the following message:
- You will receive an e-mail advising that your new account is pending approval:
- The webmaster will check to insure that you are a current Guild member, and if you are, activate your new account.
Once the webmaster activates your account, you will receive another e-mail:
Click on the link in the e-mail.
You will be take to the Reset password page:
Click on the Log in button.
You will be taken to a page with the user name that you selected in Step Two as the title in the upper left:
- Choose a password, the stronger the better as shown by the password strength gauge and type it into both blanks.
- The signature appears at the bottom of posts in the Quilters' Forum if you complete it. It can be your favourite quote, a link to your web site or social media page.
- If you wish to have your picture appear with your posts in the Quilters' Forum:
- Click the browse button
- Navigate to the location of the image file on your computer (suggested size 200 x 200 pixels or less)
- Click to add the image
- The other settings are probably best left without change.
- Click Save and you will see this advice:
Congratulations! You have successfully created your account. You are now logged in and ready to access the areas of the web site restricted to Guild members only.
When you are logged in to the site you will see this in the top of the left column on all pages:
- If you are using a computer other than your own or are using your own device anywhere other than your home network, it is wise to Log out when you finish a session. Click Log out to do this.
- If you wish to change your password or any other account settings, click on My account.
- If you have difficulties and want assistance, simply send an e-mail to the webmaster using the contact form and choosing Website in the dropdown list. The link is in the left column under Navigation.
Forgot Your Password?
Not a problem! There will be password reset How To at the top of the Public Discussion in the Quilter's Forum shortly!